Hi! My name is Tara Welch and I am really looking forward to the discussions we will have in class. I hope this blog will be enjoyable to read and helpful to whoever finds it.
Something that a lot of families experience is divorce and remarriage. People that have never experienced it in their life don’t really know how much of an impact it puts on everyone's life in the family that is going through it. While children and spouses that have gone through it can end up really damaged because of it. There are so many factors that can go into why people get divorced. However, researchers have found that the most common reason that people are getting divorced is because of a lack of commitment in the marriage. In other words, one person in the partnership is not being loyal to the other and is cheating on him or her. Some of the other common reasons that people are getting divorced are because there is too much arguing, infidelity, marrying too young, unrealistic expectations, lack of equality in the relationship, lack of preparation for marriage, and abuse. When I was talking to a therapist of thirty...
For the past few years, the word privilege has become a part of common vocabulary more than it ever has been. This week I learned a lot about privilege and how it can affect some people’s lives. We started out by talking about what we think of when we think of the word class in society. The main thing mentioned was social class. This includes money, location, education, career, religion, caste system, race, language, appearance, family structure, and different connections a person might have. At the time, I didn’t realize that all of these things play a big part in how you fit in society. In most cases, a person can know what social class someone else is in just based on what they look like and how they present themselves. A lot of you may not know what a caste system is because when I heard that phrase I didn’t know what it meant. In other countries, if you grow up in a certain class with a certain amount of money, that is th...
I don’t think I ever understood the importance of the different roles people play in the family system. I have seen so many different examples in my life of families that are so different compared to how I was raised. Some examples that we went over in class were how in most families the “leaders” of the family are the parents. In other families, the leaders are the children and they run the house. In my family, I would agree that the parents are the leaders. In my opinion, I think it is better if the parents have a hold on the family. I have seen a lot of examples where the kids are the leaders of the family and in most circumstances, those families have a lot more chaos. I have also seen that those kids end up a bit more bratty and rude because they are used to always getting their way. I think a family should have rules set and discipline in place just so people can learn the lesson of their actions and their consequences. Another example is ho...
I love crustaceans, so fun
ReplyDelete